EXCEL ESPORTS PRIVACY AND COOKIES NOTICE
Last updated: 9 November 2020
1. WHAT DOES THIS NOTICE COVER?
This notice applies to users of the Excel website. The data processing described in this notice may be limited as required by applicable law.
We may also provide you with additional information when we collect personal data, where we feel it would be helpful to provide relevant and timely information.
2. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- information to identify you – such as your name, date of birth, home address and contact details;
- information related to the browser or device you use to access our website;
- payment information, including billing address and credit card details, where you make subscribe to our services;
- your marketing preferences including any consents you have given us; and
- the content of communications you send us. We collect most of this information from you directly when you buy merchandise on our shop or otherwise interact with our website. We also obtain information about you from third parties:
- when you interact with our ads or content through various social media networks, such as when you “Like” us on Facebook or when you follow, share our click through our content on Facebook, Twitter, Tiktok, Instagram or other social media networks, we may receive some information about you that you permit the social network to share with third parties.
- we also obtain information from our marketing and analytics partners to enhance or supplement our existing user information and combine this information with the information we collect from you directly.
3. WHY WE COLLECT, USE AND STORE THIS PERSONAL DATA
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract, that we have with you. This includes:
- taking payments;
- communicating with you;
- providing customer service; and
- As required to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your information to provide the Excel products and services you have requested, and respond to any comments or complaints you may send us;
- we monitor use of our website and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our services;
- we use information you provide to personalise our services for you;
- if you provide a credit or debit card as payment, this will be processed by third party processors, such as Shopify, who use third parties to check the validity of the sort code, account number and card number you submit in order to prevent fraud;
- we use information you provide as well as information which we have collect about you to investigate any complaints received from you, or from others, about our website, products or services;
- we will use data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation); and
- we use data of some individuals to invite them to take part in market research.
- Where you give us consent:
- we will send you direct marketing in relation to our relevant products and services, or other products and services provided by our affiliates and carefully selected partners.
- we place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with our Cookies section below and the information provided to you when those technologies are used
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
- For purposes which are required by law:
- In response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, or by contacting us using the details set out below.
We also use other forms of technology which serve a similar purpose to cookies and which allow us to monitor and improve our website. When we talk about cookies, this term includes these similar technologies.
What cookies do we use and what information to they collect?
- Required cookies: these cookies are required to enable core functionality. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like identifying you while you are logged in, cannot be provided. If you disable these cookies certain parts of the website will not function for you.
- Analytics cookies: these cookies help us improve or optimise the experience we provide. They allow us to measure how visitors interact with our website and we use this information to improve the user experience and performance of our platforms. These cookies are used to collect technical information such as the number of pages visited, which parts of our website are clicked on and the length of time between clicks. For example we use Google Analytics to better understand how customers use our website. If you don’t want Google Analytics to be used in your browser, you can install this Google add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en_GB.
- Advertising Cookies: we use these cookies to collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. We may share this information with other parties who help manage online advertising – please see the "Third Parties" section below for more details.
How do you manage these technologies?
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your device, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
To manage your cookie consent preferences, please click here. We keep information collected from cookies for a maximum of 6 months.
5. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In the event that Excel is sold or integrated with another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser's adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
In the event that personal data is transferred outside of the UK or the EEA to an organisation in a country which is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission or considered adequate as determined by applicable data protection laws, we will take steps to ensure your personal information is adequately protected (e.g. by way EU Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses or a vendor's Processor Binding Corporate Rules or by relying on such other data transfer mechanisms as available under applicable data protection laws). A copy of the relevant mechanism can be obtained for your review on request by using the contact details below.
6. YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority where you live, work or believe a breach has taken place. In the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Data that is mandatory is indicated on relevant forms that you complete. Where provision of data is mandatory, if relevant data is not provided, then we will not be able to fulfil your requests to register, make a purchase or otherwise engage with Excel. All other provision of your information is optional.
7. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we process personal data for site security purposes, we retain it for up to 24 months.
Where we process personal data in connection with performing a contract such as when you make a purchase, we keep the data for 6 years from your last interaction with us.
8. UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
9. CONTACT US
If you have questions about this privacy notice or wish to contact us for any reason in relation to our personal data processing, please contact us at email@example.com.